Saturday, June 19, 2010

Radial Balance


I came across a school project that I had completed a few semesters ago in my Design Fundamentals class and thought it would be fun to see if I could apply these principles to everyday objects. While working in the garden early this morning, I came across a perfect example of "Radial Balance" with this blooming Lanai Blue Verbena.

Radial Balance is where all elements radiate out from a center point in a circular fashion. It is very easy to maintain a focal point in radial balance, since all the elements lead your eye toward the center.

Mags.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely. Thanks for sharing the knowledge. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Want to add your two cents? Do you agree with me? Disagree with me? Or just think I should be committed? Let me know!