Monday, May 31, 2010

Anemoi


MAY 31, 2010
In Greek mythology, the Anemoi (Greek for "winds") were wind gods who were each assigned a cardinal direction from which their respective wind direction came from. As well, these gods were associated with different seasons and weather conditions. The four main Anemoi were: Boreas (north wind and bringer of cold winter air), Notus (south wind and was thought to be responsible for storms associated with the late summer / fall)., Zephyrus (the west wind and brought the light breezes associated with spring / early summer) and Eurus (the east wind and was not associated with the three Greek seasons).

The weather was rather gloomy this evening so I snapped a few shots of this Anemoi mask that I had. I tried to create a bit of drama with the lighting to give the piece a bit more of a dramatic look.


Mags.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to add your two cents? Do you agree with me? Disagree with me? Or just think I should be committed? Let me know!