Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tribal Treasures

MAY 4, 2010

Willy The Wine Stopper is a treasured holiday  trinket that was passed down to me by my grandparents (well, actually, truth be told, I took it from their liquor cabinet after they had passed away in 2004).    It's a simple token that reminds me of them and their love to travel (I secretly think this is where I get my  wanderlust from).   Intricately detailed, this little guy  is originally from Hawaii and, if  I am reading the carving on the backside correctly, appears to have been brought over into Canada in 1992.  It wards any evil spirits away with it's scary/constipated look chiseled on his face while protecting the contents of my decanted red wine.

Mags.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to add your two cents? Do you agree with me? Disagree with me? Or just think I should be committed? Let me know!