Monday, May 17, 2010

Hockey Widow



MAY 17, 2010

Feeling uninspired, I quickly took a few shots of Guy's goalie mask mere minutes prior to his departure to yet another night of hockey. It's a good thing this isn't a scratch-and-sniff photo because the smell of this thing has a lot to be desired. As you can see, this mask is well worn and each dent and ding has a story to tell...The rusted screws have managed to hold up night after night after night of continuous play. The yellow -stained chin protector has soaked up buckets of sweat. It used to be a sport that he would play in the winter; however, over the years has become a year round event.....ice hockey, ball hockey, roller hockey, tennis -court hockey.....the list is endless. You would think that with the amount of hockey this man plays he'd be a pro goalie in the NHL....but alas, he's not...and I'll always remain the Hockey Widow........

Mags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to add your two cents? Do you agree with me? Disagree with me? Or just think I should be committed? Let me know!