Friday, May 21, 2010

Shoo, Fly! Don't Bother Me!


May 21, 2010

Was out in the garden taking some shots of my prized Peony's prior to them blooming when I was being pestered by this baby fly. As I was "shoo-ing" it away, it landed on one of the large buds and started sucking on the juicy nectar. I started singing a song that my grandmother would sing to me when we'd be out in her garden, being pesterd by flies. I think it went something like :




"Shoo, fly, don't bother me.

Shoo, fly, don't bother me.

Shoo, fly, don't bother me

For I belong to somebody".



A dumb song perhaps but as I started to sing it, the fly flew away....and the neighborhood cats started howling, the dogs started barking and hubby bolted into the house....guess I'm not the next American Idol.....

Mags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to add your two cents? Do you agree with me? Disagree with me? Or just think I should be committed? Let me know!