Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Surprise!


Last night was the first night of my photography classes. I've only been shooting with a DSLR since I started this project back on May 1st of this year. I've really taken an interest in photography and have decided to see where this Photography program will lead me to.

Throughout the day, I was receiving random texts from my husband checking up to make sure that the camera was stored properly in the bag, making sure that I got to school ok with the camera, making sure that if I took the camera out of the bag to ensure that the neck strap was secure around my neck, have I taken a photo in class yet....etc. His "nagging" was really driving me around the bend! What was his deal? It's not like I've never left the house before with the camera! Half way during class, the teacher was explaining a symbol that was found on digital SLR's and being curious, I decided to check out my camera to see where it was located on mine. I opened up my bag to pull out my 'ole trusty Nikon D50 (please don't laugh....yes...it's dated but it's been a great beginner camera), when suddenly I noticed something weird. There were two camera's in the bag........the second being a Nikon D200!!!!! What the....??!!?? Turns out, he bought me a new camera as a back to school present! Sneaky guy had snuck the camera in my bag after I had gone to bed the night before. I was totally floored.

Sadly, I didn't get to use it in class last night, however, started goofing around with it as soon as I got home. This self portrait is of me with my new toy!

Mags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to add your two cents? Do you agree with me? Disagree with me? Or just think I should be committed? Let me know!