Sunday, September 19, 2010

What's In Your Wallet?


Some carry a talisman, amulet, "lucky charm", or just a comforting thing in our pocket. What do you carry?

This little silver metal starfish was given to me by a friend a few years back. It's not something I carry in my pocket but rather in the change compartment of my wallet. While I don't believe it brings luck or good fortune my way, it is something that I do bring out from time to time when I am feeling anxious or at odds with things in life. I'll play with it in my fingertips while I work out some nervous tension or stress. Sometimes, I'll sit with it clasped in the palm of my hands while I sit quietly contemplating the solution to what's on my mind. It's message inscribed on the front is simple: Wishes. Sometimes when I've lost sight of my goal, or taken a slight turn off the path I've set for myself, I think of this and realize that with hard work, a plan and lots of dedication, I can obtain any of my wishes that I've put out there.

To quote that ubiquitous credit card commercial: What's in your wallet?

Mags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to add your two cents? Do you agree with me? Disagree with me? Or just think I should be committed? Let me know!