Thursday, August 19, 2010

Addiction



Today's challenge was to photograph of somethng I ate today.....breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack. 

My stomach was feeling really dodgy today and ended up pulling a sickie.....a rare thing to do. Needless to say, I really didn't eat much today but did have to have my daily intake of caffeine. The day isn't complete without at least one cup of coffee. Yes, I suppose you could say I am an addict and my drug of choice is consumed in a coffee cup rather than a needle. In fact, if I can't have a cup of coffee within the first hour of being up, I suffer excruciating headaches. This doesn't mean that I'll drink anything that is put in front of me. I'm a bit of a coffee princess and do have standards. Instant coffee is definitely out of the question. I'd rather soldier through the headache than drink that stuff. I prefer to purchase the beans whole and grind the beans as I need them. Nothing says fresh like a good, hot steaming, freshly ground cup of coffee. The aroma is intoxicating! Coffee warms me when I am cold, wakes me up when I'm feeling sluggish or groggy, is best shared over great conversations with friends, and in my opinion, should be part of the daily food group! 

Mags.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to add your two cents? Do you agree with me? Disagree with me? Or just think I should be committed? Let me know!