Monday, August 2, 2010

Arenal Adventure


July 27, 2010

Today started off bright and early at 5:45 am ( I thought I could sleep in on my vacation?) as we were picked up at 6:30 a.m. by our tour guide who was going to take us on an adventure that would include visiting a volcano, hiking through the rain forest and relaxing at a hot springs. 

It was difficult to choose a picture for today as there were so many great ones taken. I chose this one since it's a unique one..... Unique in the sense that it is very rare to see the top of the volcano. Usually, it's covered in clouds but thanks to the heavy downpour we experienced while hiking in the rainforest, the clouds were pushed away for a few moments and we were able to capture some great shots. 

Located in Costa Rica's northwestern area, in the province of Alajuela, the Arenal volcano is considered to be a young volcano and is the most active one in the country. It's also unique in the sense that it has two craters....the one on the left side is the older crater of the two and isn't as active as the one on the right, thus lush vegetation is able to be grown on one side. On the right hand side, we can see that it remains very rocky . A few minutes after this photo was taken, the clouds rolled in and covered the volcano top again.

Mags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to add your two cents? Do you agree with me? Disagree with me? Or just think I should be committed? Let me know!