Sunday, August 22, 2010

Glass


Today's challenge was to make a photograph of something made out of glass and to go for interesting reflections or highlights.

Was a little sidetracked today with other things that needed to be done so today's photo shoot was a little last minute. This photo is of an antique wine decanter that my grandmother gave me before she passed away. Sadly, within the first month of owning it I accidently smashed the crystal topper that went with this, so, this is what I use in it's  place: http://365project.org/mags/365/2010-05-04 . I know, the styles don't really work together but, it does the trick. I liked the way the incandescent bulb that is shining from the top of the decanter has created the sunburst effect from the cuts in the crystal base. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with how this shot came out considering how rushed and last minute it was.

Mags.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to add your two cents? Do you agree with me? Disagree with me? Or just think I should be committed? Let me know!