Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Dress


Fabric: we wear it, sleep on it, decorate with it. Today's challenge was to make a photo of an interesting cloth design or texture.

I was in my closet earlier this evening trying to find something with an interesting pattern to it. Since most of what I wear is black, it proved to be quite challenging. At the back of my closet, I noticed a white garment bag. As I took it out of the closet and unzipped it, I realized what was in there: The Dress.....Being curious to see if it still fits after 12 years of marriage, I tried it on. I got it 3/4 of the way done up but couldn't get it up all the way (without forcing the zipper). I took it off an hung it up on the back of my door and unbuttoned the train so that it trailed onto the floor. I loved the way it pooled onto the floor and decided to take a few shots and use it as today's photo.

Mags.



3 comments:

  1. It didn't fit!?!?! I swear you are still the same as the day you and Guy got married! I should know! I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...think my boobs have gotten bigger or something cause I couldn't get the dress zipped up all the way in the back.....oh well....not like I'm planning on wearing it again......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photo turned out lovely. Sorry it didn't still fit.

    ReplyDelete

Want to add your two cents? Do you agree with me? Disagree with me? Or just think I should be committed? Let me know!